| Andy Staples
Vaping vs Smoking: The Health Benefits
Unfortunately, smoking cigarettes is one of the most addictive things in the world. In fact, it’s thought to be as addictive as heroin! This is why many people struggle to quit… until vaping came along.
Thousands of ex-smokers have found relief and satisfaction from e-cigarettes. They still provide you with the nicotine hit you crave, but without all of the harmful chemicals and toxins you find in traditional cigarettes.
In this article, we will be discussing the vaping health effects that you might experience when switching from smoking, including government advice and research.
Benefits of Vaping Over Smoking
When looking at vaping compared to smoking - especially in terms of health - it’s a no-brainer. Smoking has a huge number of detrimental effects on our health, including:
- Heart Health: Smoking causes an increased risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, and stroke.
- Lung Health: Smoking causes an increased risk of pneumonia, lung cancer, and COPD.
- Brain Health: Smoking causes an increased risk of developing a brain aneurysm, which could lead to a stroke, brain damage, or death.
- Stomach Health: Smoking causes an increased risk of developing stomach ulcers or stomach cancer.
- Mouth and Throat Health: Smoking causes an increased risk of throat cancer, as well as things like bad breath, stained teeth, oral thrush, and gum disease.
- Fertility: Smoking can cause male impotence and testicular cancer in men or reduce fertility in women.
- Skin Health: Smoking can cause you to age prematurely.
Vaping, on the other hand, is not thought to have these same detrimental effects. Therefore, the biggest benefit by far of vaping vs smoking is the health effects.
This is the top reason that people use vaping to quit smoking. However, the health effects of vaping aren’t the only thing that puts e-cigs above traditional cigarettes…
- When vaping, you can choose from an endless selection of delicious e-liquid flavours.
- Vaping works out to be far cheaper than smoking, meaning you’ll save lots of money year on year.
- It’s easier to quit vaping than smoking, so you can use vaping as a transitional step towards a nicotine-free life.
- Vaping does not produce any harmful secondhand smoke, meaning it’s far more beneficial for your family and friends.
Vaping vs Smoking: Government Studies/Advice
The NHS has reported that vaping is estimated to be at least 95% less harmful than smoking. They state that:
“Quitting smoking not only improves your physical health but also is proven to boost your mental health and wellbeing. Quitting can improve mood, and help relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.”
So of course, when looking at vaping compared to smoking, the NHS supports the idea that vaping is a far better alternative. They even offer a free ‘personal quit plan’ where they can provide a combination of support that will work best for you – whether that’s using an e-cigarette, or prescription medications such as nicotine patches, nicotine inhalers, Bupropion, or Varenicline.
“Research has found that e-cigarettes can help you give up smoking, so you may want to try them rather than the medications listed above. As with other approaches, they're most effective if used with support from an NHS stop smoking service.”
What Happens When You Quit Smoking and Start Vaping?
If you’re planning on using vaping to quit smoking for the first time, it can be slightly daunting. Luckily, making the decision to quit is the first hurdle, so you’re already part-way there!
If you quit smoking cold turkey, you would probably find it very difficult and may even experience some unpleasant side effects. This is why people vape. E-cigarettes provide you with the exact same nicotine hit that you would get from cigarettes, so you shouldn’t have any cravings.
It’s important to ensure that you vape a nicotine strength that is high enough for you. Otherwise, you may be left feeling unsatisfied and tempted to return to cigarettes.
Aside from that, you will experience a lot of health benefits.
Take a look at this NHS information on what happens when you quit smoking:
What Is The Best Vape To Quit Smoking?
When you are a new vaper, you want to use a device that’s straightforward and easy to use. At the same time, you want something that is of good quality and powerful enough to give you the satisfaction you need.
For this, we always recommend the Aspire Pockex Kit as the best vape to quit smoking.
The Aspire Pockex is a compact, all-in-one device. It’s simple to use, easy to maintain, and feels comfortable in your hand thanks to its sleek cylindrical design.
Plus, when you shop the Aspire Pockex at Vape Simple, you can get four bottles of e-liquid as part of a starter bundle!